Creating a consistent workout routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it principally for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to push through the stress and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only affords a diversion but also generates the motivation and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be beneficial for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and boost speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to hold a conversation with your partner in an active gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you might be worried about potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some extent, there are a few accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, safeguarding them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become unexpectedly dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – keeping an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to find out more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!